Dallin N. Harris, DDS, MSD
During basketball practice of his senior year of high school, Dr. Harris’ life was changed forever. Following a collision with a teammate, he landed face first on the wood floor and fractured his two front teeth. Over the course of the next several months, he saw first hand the impact a dentist could have in someone’s life, as he eventually came out with a brand new smile!
Having always planned to pursue a career in the medical field, Dr. Harris was drawn to dentistry after seeing his own smile transform. Once in dental school, he realized specializing in Orthodontics was the best way to truly transform a smile. He therefore pursued an additional 2.5 years of residency training in Orthodontics so that he could truly understand not just how to straighten teeth, but also how to correct the bite and create alignment and balance between the teeth, jaws, and facial structures.
Dr. Harris was born in Calgary, Alberta Canada and moved to St. George, Utah with his family as a young boy. After high school, he served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Stockholm, Sweden. He then attended Brigham Young University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience.
Dr. Harris graduated from the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco, CA with High Honors in the top of his class. He subsequently completed his Orthodontics training at the University of Colorado where he certified in Orthodontics and received a Master of Science in Dentistry degree. He wrote his Master’s thesis on Invisalign® treatment, with a focus on how to complete treatment more quickly for patients. Dr. Harris is Board Certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
Dr. Harris is married to Lindsey (Brinton) Harris, a Salt Lake City native. He and his wife speak primarily Swedish to their three children, Nelson, Caleb, and Adeline.
Photo: Marc Reynolds Photo Group
Orthodontics Residency – University of Colorado
- Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Master of Science in Dentistry (MSD)
- Master’s Thesis focused on Invisalign® Treatment
Dental School – University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- High Honors, Top 5% of Class
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Tau Kappa Omega Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Who’s Who Among Students in Colleges and Universities
College – Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience
- Life Sciences Scholarship Recipient
- Board Certified with the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Rocky Mountain Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
Publications, Research, and Presentations
- “Esthetic Orthodontic Treatment”, Decisions in Dentistry (January 2019)
- Esthetic Options for Tooth Movement”, Dimensions of Dental Hygiene (February 2019)
- “A Comparison of the Effectiveness of Changing Clear Aligners Every Seven Days Versus Fourteen Days on Tooth Movement for Orthodontic Patients; a Single-Center Controlled Clinical Trial”, Master’s Thesis (February 2019)
- “Fundamental Knowledge of Oral Health”, Presented in Vladivostok and Khabaraovsk, Russia (December 2014)